New Wave Handwriting
This series helps pupils develop a fluid and legible modern style of cursive handwriting.
Free samples of this product can be requested here.
The content for Junior and Senior Infants is based on pre-cursive letters, with 1st Class formally beginning a fully cursive style.
Each book places a major emphasis on a variety of pattern practice to facilitate the pupil’s acquisition of each letter.
- Sequence of letters carefully arranged: At infant level, the Jolly Phonics sequence for letter introduction is mirrored. From 1st Class on-wards, the progression is based on clockwise and anticlockwise letter formation, while diagonal and horizontal joins are carefully introduced.
- Red and blue guiding lines are used to help pupils learn letter sizes and spacing.
- Emphasis on practice throughout, at the individual letter level, progressing to words and sentences, finishing in paragraphs.
- Each book contains a variety of separate activities that involve cross-curricular themes, drawn from areas such as Gaeilge, history, geography, English and SPHE.
Teacher Resource Books for 4th, 5th and 6th Class also available.
Teacher Guides also available for Junior and Senior Infants and 1st to 3rd class.
- Concise and explicit teaching of handwriting skills, including letter joins and speed loops.
- Consolidation activities
- Photocopiable pages
- Assessment documents
- Cross-curricular and differentiated activities while supporting good pedagogical handwriting practices
- Comprehensive teachers notes to support the teaching of handwriting skills and accompanying activities
Teacher Guides are €21.95 or FREE for schools adopting the New Wave Handwriting programme.
- 1st Class New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2882 ISBN- 978-1-84654-932-8
- 2nd Class New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2883 ISBN- 978-1-84654-933-5
- 3rd Class New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2884 ISBN- 978-1-84654-934-2
- Junior Infants New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2880 ISBN- 978-1-84654-930-4
- Senior Infants New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2881 ISBN- 978-1-84654-931-1