New Wave Handwriting
This series helps pupils develop a fluid and legible modern style of cursive handwriting. The content for Junior and Senior Infants is based on pre-cursive letters, with 1st Class formally beginning a fully cursive style.
Each book places a major emphasis on a variety of pattern practice to facilitate the pupil’s acquisition of each letter.
- Sequence of letters carefully arranged: At infant level, the Jolly Phonics sequence for letter introduction is mirrored. From 1st Class on-wards, the progression is based on clockwise and anticlockwise letter formation, while diagonal and horizontal joins are carefully introduced.
- Red and blue guiding lines are used to help pupils learn letter sizes and spacing.
- Emphasis on practice throughout, at the individual letter level, progressing to words and sentences, finishing in paragraphs.
- Each book contains a variety of separate activities that involve cross-curricular themes, drawn from areas such as Gaeilge, history, geography, English and SPHE.
- 1st Class New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2882 ISBN- 978-1-84654-932-8
- 2nd Class New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2883 ISBN- 978-1-84654-933-5
- 3rd Class New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2884 ISBN- 978-1-84654-934-2
- Junior Infants New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2880 ISBN- 978-1-84654-930-4
- Senior Infants New Wave Handwriting - Code: 2881 ISBN- 978-1-84654-931-1