Writing Prompts is a high-interest, three-box series that provides supplementary materials to support the classroom writing programme. These high-interest cards encourage children to express their creativity while learning how to write using a variety of styles.
Each box contains 200 writing prompts, divided into 3 categories:
- Imaginative - Narrative, Poetry
- Informative - Procedure, Recount, Report, Narrative
- Persuasive - Exposition
The cards can be used for independent work, whole-class discussions, small group work and most cards contain questions that will generate classroom discussions. The Writing Prompt cards challenge pupils to work on specific genres and are ideal tasks in a writing station. Each card contains an interesting topic coupled with questions and suggestions to guide the pupils as they write.
Pupils may be assigned specific cards to work on independently or they may choose topics that interest them.
- Writing Prompts Box 1 - Code: 6933 ISBN- 9781922116871
- Writing Prompts - Box 2 - Code: 6934 ISBN- 978-1-922116-88-8
- Writing Prompts - Box 3 - Code: 6935a ISBN- 978-1-922116-89-5