The Literacy Box
Use The Literacy Box to:
Target comprehension strategies
- High-interest reading material in a wide variety of genres, incorporating both fiction and nonfiction.
- Topics that link into key curricular themes in science, geography and history.
- Practice of comprehension strategies using questions pitched at the literal, inferential and applied levels.
Focus on vocabulary and word study
- Vocabulary and word study questions specifically linked into the reading piece.
- Constant repetition of question types to ensure continuous practice.
- Suggestions for additional speaking and listening, reading, writing and cross-curricular activities relating to each card and topic contained in a comprehensive teaching guide.
Creates independent readers and promotes spelling, punctuation and grammar skills through text-based activities.
Engage in station teaching and group work strategies
- Reading cards that are colour-coded according to reading level and difficulty.
- Cards can be used in mixed-ability or same ability groupings within the classroom.
- Independent correcting scheme to encourage children to correct their own work, freeing up teacher's time to work with selected groups in the classroom.
- 'Something extra' section at the end of the cards to encourage writing and further reading responses.
- The Literacy Box 1 - Code: 6930 ISBN- 9781922116024
- The Literacy Box 2 - Code: 6931 ISBN- 9781922116031
- The Literacy Box 3 - Code: 6932 ISBN- 9781922116048